Open All Year
Nestled between the majestic coastal mountains and the tides of the Pacific Ocean lies Vancouver, a city that attracts travelers from around the world who are drawn to its spectacular scenery and energetic lifestyle.
The Hotel is situated in Vancouver.
|MEETING & CONFERENCE:||Top|
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a leading venue for meetings in Vancouver. Featuring two grand ballrooms, 16 function rooms and 55,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, Vancouver meeting delegates are offered the opportunity to conduct business amid timeless luxury. With a team of experts to assist, including Certified Meeting Professionals, on-site audio-visual specialists, award-winning chefs, and a Conference Concierge, your Vancouver meeting is guaranteed to be a success from planning through to completion.
The Boardroom gives a sense of grandeur with its 18-foot ceiling and opulent chandelier in the center of the room. Luxurious blue and gold drapes surround five Palladian windows on two sides of the room, giving an abundance of light; retractable blackout blinds are inset to aid visual presentations. Entry is through either of two sets of double doors from a formal foyer overlooking the Grand Staircase.
British Columbia Ballroom
This sunken ballroom, with its own 5500-square-foot foyer and state-of-the-art facilities, divides into two equal sections with double air walls for sound reduction. The British Columbia Ballroom also has large chandeliers recessed into ceiling coves, complemented by blue and gold hand-finished carpet and decorative walls trimmed with moldings.
Reminiscent of the grand ballrooms of yesteryear, the Pacific Ballroom features a soaring 23-foot ceiling, dazzling crystal chandeliers, and a formal stage. The ornate plaster cast moldings on the walls and ceiling are highlighted in gold and silver leaf, giving the room a majestic appearance, and abundant natural light floods through the room's soaring windows along one entire wall of the room. The ballroom has been updated with state-of-the-art sound, power, and computerized heating and cooling.
Vancouver Island Room
The Vancouver Island Room is the perfect complement to the Pacific Ballroom, from the carved, gilded ceiling and crystal chandeliers to the matching marble fireplaces at each end of the room. This is a rectangular room with beveled corners that give it an almost oval feeling, which is exaggerated by the bold oval design in the hand-finished carpet. Four sets of generous French doors, inset with mirrors, line the length of the room and provide access to the adjoining foyer.
- XGA LCD Projector (1024 x 768 Resolution) without Screen
- XGA LCD Projector (1024 x 768 Resolution) Skirted Cart (Min 1500 Lumens) with 5' x 5' to 8' x 8' Screens
- SXGA (1280 x 1024 Resolution) and High Brightness Projectors (Special Applications)
- Overhead Projector without Screen
- Overhead Projector with Skirted Cart and 5' x 5' to 8' x 8' Screens
- 35 mm Slide Projector without Screen
- 35 mm Slide Projector with Spare Lamp, Universal Tray Zoom Lens, Wired Remote, and Skirted Stand and 5' x 5' to 8' x 8' Screens
- 6' Tripod Screen with Bottom Skirt
- 8' Tripod Screen with Bottom Skirt
- 10' Roll Screen Post and Cradle Style
- 6' x 8' Fast-Fold Screen with Dress Kit (Front or Rear Projection) *
- 7.5' x 10' Fast-Fold Screen with Dress Kit (Front or Rear Projection) *
- 9' x 12' Fast-Fold Screen with Dress Kit (Front or Rear Projection) *
* Setup and dismantle charges apply.
- 28" Television with Skirted Cart
- VHS VCR Video Player / Recorder (Stereo Hi-Fi)
- Multi Standard Video Player .5" Video PAL and SECAM Format
- VHS Camcorder with Tripod and T120 VHS Tape
- Digital Video Switcher with 4 Inputs and Effects *
* Setup and dismantle charges apply.
- 17" Computer Monitor up to SXGA Resolution
- 20" Multisync Computer Monitor up to SXGA Resolution
- 27" Multisync Computer Monitor up to SVGA Resolution
- Laptop and Desktop Computers: Various Configurations (upon request)
- Wired Microphones: Lectern, Table, Floor, Lavalier
- Wireless Microphones: Lavalier, Handheld, Headset
- Specialty Microphones: Condenser, PZM
- Digital Conference Microphones: Touch On and Off (requires CCU) *
- 6-Channel Mic / Line Mixer, Mackie 1402 - Mic / Line
- 16-Channel Mixing Console - Mackie 1604 (requires operator)
- Digital Microphone Central Control Unit: Required for Digital Microphones *
- Multi-Disk CD Player with Mixer Patched to House Sound
- Cassette Player with Mixer Patched to House Sound
- Portable CD / Cassette Player, Blaster Style, with Small Speakers
- Small Sound System with 2 Speakers, 8-Channel Mixer / Amp, Microphone and Stand (for areas with no house sound system)
* Setup and dismantle charges apply.
- Presentation Accessories
- Flip Chart with 25 Sheets Paper and 2 Markers
- Whiteboard (small) with Marker and Eraser
- Cork Board (small) with Push Pins
- Sign Easel
- Laser Pointer
- Projector / Monitor Stand with Skirt
- Extension Cord without Equipment Rental
- Power Bar without Equipment Rental
- Podium and Microphone without Equipment Rental
- Wireless Mouse for Computer Presentation
- Wireless Slide Projector Remote for Larger Rooms
- Audio Conferencing Unit Speakerphone for Larger Groups
- Black Velour Drapery in Various Heights
Technical support staff are available at all times.
|BARS & RESTAURANTS:||Top|
A world of culinary delights awaits you at the heart of Vancouver, The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
- The Carvery
- Griffins: This vibrant Pacific Northwest brasserie, annually
recognized by western Canada's pre-eminent food publications and their
reader's as one of the 'best hotel' restaurants, continues to excite! Griffins'
gorgeous sun-washed interior, complete with high-arching windows features
a unique open kitchen concept.
Lavish buffet-style offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner feature the best of the local bounty from land and sea.
Long time favorites on the a la carte menu keep legions of devoted patrons returning time and time again
- 900 West Lounge: 900 West Lounge is where Vancouver meets. This
International Martini Challenge winner is as much known for its extensive
wine list as it is for its sensational martinis.
In April, it was named Vancouver's Best Wine Bar by The Vancouver Sun Newspaper.
Prominent local jazz musicians perform nightly from 8:00 p.m. to closing. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres are available from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Each of the 556 rooms and suites offers all the luxury and services of a world-class hotel with the elegance and charm of an English castle. Subtly included in every room are all the modern conveniences for business and leisure travelers alike.
Fairmont Room: A generous room to ensure comfort and luxury during your stay. A Fairmont room features either a king bed, a queen bed, two double beds, or two twin beds, a tub with shower, as well as the standard Fairmont business services and amenities including: daily newspaper delivery, clock radio, cozy robes, coffee maker with complimentary premium coffee and teas, iron and ironing board.
Deluxe Room: A spacious room with the luxury and elegance of a Fairmont room, but more living space. Here you can find a quiet corner to relax with an inviting sitting area. A Deluxe room features a king bed, a queen bed, or twin beds, a tub with shower, as well as the standard Fairmont business services and amenities including: daily newspaper delivery, clock radio, cozy robes, coffee maker with complimentary premium coffee and teas, iron and ironing board.
Courtyard Suite: A luxurious home away from home featuring two rooms - a sitting area to relax by day and the comfort of a gracious bedroom, separated by two French glass doors A Courtyard Suite features a king bed or two double beds and a queen size sofa bed, one full bathroom, as well as the standard Fairmont business services and amenities including: a clock radio/CD Player, cozy robes, coffee maker with complimentary premium coffee and teas, iron and ironing board, refreshment center.
Morningside Suite: Located on the 14th floor, the Morningside Suite has a bedroom with jetted soaker tub and a parlor overlooking the city that is large enough to accommodate 20 people for hospitality purposes. The dining room seats four, wet bar, and a large foyer entrance.
Gallery Suite: These One or Two Bedroom Suites have a large parlor and bathroom connecting two separate, self-contained bedrooms on either side. One bedroom has one king bed and one bedroom has two double beds. Overlooking The Vancouver Art Gallery, the parlors are suitable for entertaining up to 10 guests. Suites are very spacious and the parlor features a faux fireplace with two large windows.
Executive Suite: The Executive Suite features a full living room and a dining room that seats 10 for dinner or 12 for meetings. The suite can accommodate 25 people for gatherings and features a wet bar and pantry.
Lieutenant Governor's Suite: With its traditional masculine decor, the Lieutenant Governor's Suite, on the 14th floor of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, can accommodate 20 people for gatherings. It features two sitting areas, a dining table that seats four, and an ornamental fireplace. It is available with one or two bedrooms.
The luxurious Royal Suite features a large sitting area
that accommodates 50 people for gatherings.
The dining table seats eight people for dinner and ten for meetings. The Royal Suite also has a powder room for guests, a pantry containing a refrigerator, a microwave, sink and coffeemaker. Combinations of up to a four-bedroom suite may be available.
In Room Amenities:
- Alarm clock/radio
- Coffee/Tea maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Refreshment Center
- Windows that open
- Computer data port
- Large working desk
- Telephone with voice-mail
- Cable television with in-room Pay-Movies/Games and Video Check-Out
Amenities on Request
- Bed board
- Connecting rooms
- Portable bed
- Portable bubble-jet printer
|SERVICES & FACILITIES:||Top|
- Bell staff
- Check-in / check-out
- Gift shops
- Laundry services
- Safe deposit boxes
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Business center
- Secretarial services
- Private boardroom
- Fax machine
- Cordless phones
- Private phone booth
- Printers/ scanner
- Color photocopying
- Private workstations
- High speed internet access
- Federal express, purolator or novex couriers
- Cellular phone rentals available on request
- Audio-visual equipment available on request
- Local and international newspapers and magazines
- Skiing (nearby)
- Golf courses (nearby)
- Health club
- Indoor 50 ft. lap pool
- Children's wading pool
- Tanning beds (extra charge)
- Saunas (2)
- Change rooms (2) for men and women
- Fitness center
- Free weights
- Keiser K300 weight training system
- Rowing machine (Concept II)
- Stairclimbers (4400PT)
- Stationary bikes
- Treadmills (2)
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver has a reciprocal membership with a downtown club, Bentall Athletic Center, that provides squash and aerobics complimentary to all hotel guests.
One of North America's largest urban parks covering 1,000 acres, Stanley Park is perfect for the nature lover or fitness enthusiasts. Facilities include the Vancouver Aquarium, a pitch & putt course and outdoor tennis courts. There are also cycling and roller blading paths as well as 22 miles (33km) of hiking and walking trails.